- 8 ounces Buffalo Nuts®
- 5 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (if desired)
- 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, with tails on
- Peanut or canola oil for frying
- 2 ounces Buffalo Nuts®, chopped for garnish
- Place the nuts, flour and cayenne pepper (if using) in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Process until you have a breadcrumb-like texture. Transfer the nut mixture to a large plate and shake to even out the mixture. Moisten the shrimp very lightly with water. I used a spray bottle. Dredge each shrimp with the nut mixture and gently pat to make sure it adheres to the shrimp. Add enough oil to a large skillet to have 1/2 inch. Heat over medium until the oil reaches 330°F. I used an instant-read thermometer.
- Cooking 4 shrimp at a time to maintain the oil temperature, add the shrimp to the hot oil. Cook for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes per side. The shrimp will form a “C” when fully cooked. Do not overcook! Remove the shrimp to a paper towel-lined plate. Lightly sprinkle with salt. Repeat with the remaining shrimp. These shrimp will have a flavorful crunchy exterior. Serve with your favorite blue cheese dressing and buffalo sauce. Garnish the finished shrimp with the chopped Buffalo Nuts®. These shrimp were the hit of our most recent football party!
Buffalo Nuts - Peanuts with a Zesty Kick of Buffalo Wing Flavor http://www.buffalonuts.com