Cheesy, Spicy, Sweet and Nutty Snack Mix
Write a review
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of garlic salt
- 5 cups Chex cereal (mixed or all one type)
- 1 cup Cheerios cereal
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup cheese powder
- 1 cup Buffalo Nuts®
- 1 cup Butter Toffee Peanuts
- Put the butter on a large sheet pan and place it in the oven while you heat it to 250°F. When the butter is melted, add the Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle on the salt, onion powder, and garlic powder so it's fairly well evenly distributed.
- Add the cereals and stir and toss to coat the cereal with the butter and seasonings.
- Place the pan in the oven and cook for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- After 45 minutes of baking, add 1/4 cup of cheese powder and stir. The cheese will stick to the cereal. Add more cheese powder, if desired. I added another 2 Tablespoons and I was happy with that, but more would not be terrible, either.
- Add the nuts and stir to combine.
- Cook an additional 15 minutes, then remove the pan from the oven and let the mix cool before storing.
Buffalo Nuts - Peanuts with a Zesty Kick of Buffalo Wing Flavor http://www.buffalonuts.com